ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (21/77) > >>

celtichare:
I've given up on GemX - such a shame since it seemed to promise much - I'm looking at various other apps - I like the look of TreedbNotes Pro, really powerful and good for my research and writing but what a shame the PIM side to it is slightly lacking. I like the pop up calendar which gives week and month views but why not push it that little bit further and make it a fully functional calendar with a visual grid for appointments trather than a list of tasks? Sorry if this is a bit off topic but i guess those of us who have been stung by do-O are now desperately trying to replace it with something that delivers on functionality.  :(

beldeamon:
Hi Folks ..back on this thread after a little break.

Things dont seem to have changed on the Gemx front then .......<<sigh>>

I've migrated my mail out of do-0 into The Bat, a very painful process but i got there. I'd forgotton how easy Mail was ;-))

After a tour of the Gemx site last night, I noticed that on the resellers page, you can find a address and a contact phone number.  Before i do so myself, i wondered if anyone else had tried this line of approach ?? Very direct, but at least we would  know one way or the other if the company is still functioning.

Be good all and greetz from the UK

do-O forum user : Grumman

Darwin:
Hi beldeamon - hadn't thought of phoning the company. I think I'll give it a try after the weekend (have a meeting to attend out of town - leave this afternoon). I seriously doubt that I'll get an answer but you never know...

doublewitt:
I've given up on GemX - such a shame since it seemed to promise much - Sorry if this is a bit off topic but i guess those of us who have been stung by do-O are now desperately trying to replace it with something that delivers on functionality.  :(
-celtichare (September 27, 2007, 05:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is just me, ofcourse, but I think sometimes that "people" in general at the ex do-O forum were too negative in a sense. What I mean is, there were too many requests flooding in and too much negativism in general instead of praising them for such a comprehensive work. Will you find something like do-O? I doubt it, let's face it, do-O is outstanding despite some things... there is nothing out there to match it. Just before closing the forum, they did mention that they were getting sort of "fed up" with the style of posts. They definately didn't get enough encouragement - afterall, the persons behind the project are people like you and me, and they are vulnerable to criticism just like anybody else. For example, when they launched the spreadsheets section, they got hit really bad - why? - many other apps launching the same tool provided pretty well the same spreadsheet format - I can name some. And they didn't get such criticism. But the do-O forum got swamped. For a "start" the spreadsheet implementation was OK, but yes, we were approaching a full year without any updates in it... that deserved a strong comment on the other hand. You don't leave your clients hanging on a limb like that for a full year - that's simple common sense - or business sense.

They got rather "fed up" with the bug reports as well. If you put yourself in their shoes, it's no fun getting bug reports with lots of little (comments) that distract you from your work and throw your concentration off somewhat. It can get aggravating sometimes. Users didn't submit their reports in an objective manner.

Afterall, the GemX team did an extraordinary work! It's a shame to see things the way they are... it really is.

do-O was a very big project. On the other hand, that's why I like TreeDBNotes PRO. It's "light" as a pim and it's not "over-functional" and heavy. The developer is open-minded and "listens" to suggestions...

doublewitt:
Hi beldeamon - hadn't thought of phoning the company. I think I'll give it a try after the weekend (have a meeting to attend out of town - leave this afternoon). I seriously doubt that I'll get an answer but you never know...-Darwin (September 27, 2007, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Offline Support Services
Telephone and Fax Support is not offered as a standard support service. However, for any emergency support you may contact us by telephone / fax at + 31 320 845932. PLEASE remember this is only for EMERGENCIES, not to be used for normal support service you can obtain through online services. Keep in mind we are based in the Netherlands. Our normal business hours are 9am to 6pm CET [Central European Time]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version