ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Mac OS X Leopard - All show and no go, or is it worth a try?

<< < (2/4) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Dual booting would be my personal preference, but if I could make it a vitrual machine, that would be even better.

If Apple has a problem with me doing so I have no problem with simply sticking with Windows :)

Darwin:
Dual booting would be my personal preference, but if I could make it a vitrual machine, that would be even better.

If Apple has a problem with me doing so I have no problem with simply sticking with Windows :)
-wreckedcarzz (September 03, 2007, 05:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, no doubt! There were a couple of hacks last fall that let you dual-boot a PC, and a few VM solutions, and then of course there is PearPC (which doesn't look to be actively developed anymore). Too bad as at one point I had high hopes for it...

Laughing Man:
Well it is illegal (though I personally think it shouldn't be). And it's Microsoft that wanted users to use Vista Ultimate for parallels users. Even though any of them work (more money for Microsoft I guess).

nontroppo:
Just do a search of OSX86 and you will find ample info on dual-booting the two OSes  ;)

I have a Macbook, my first ever Mac since being a PC user since MS-DOS days. If I had to go back to a PC, I would try to install my existing Tiger or future Leopard licence dual-booted, as I now really appreciate OS X.

Laughing Man:
I'm thinking about triple booting (by adding OSX to the list) on my VAIO lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version