ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Switcher2: Expose Clone (Window Arranger) for Windows

<< < (6/15) > >>

cybernetnews:
Some of you are saying that there are similar apps for XP, but the Aero on Vista makes a huge difference on these. Often times I pull up the Expose view in Switcher just to see the progress on a file transfer, or to check on many things without actually switching over to the app itself. I never actually realized how useful the Aero interface could be until I really focused on using it...and that's when I realized its more than just eye candy.

And no, I'm not a Microsoft Fanboy. I use multiple distros of Linux on a daily basis, but in my opinion Microsoft did a much better job on Vista than everyone makes it out to be. Or I could just be lucky that I haven't had any problems *knocks on wood*

Laughing Man:
Cool, if only I could close apps with middle click like I can with scale (also like the OSX Expose) in Compiz Fusion in Linux.

Darwin:
Sorry cybernetnews, I'm not really following what you're saying about the Aero interface (I don't have access to Vista). What does Aero offer above and beyond what these various options listed running under XP offer? You may have answered this in your post above, but as a teacher it is my perogative to encourage my students to read carefully without actually practising what I preach!

Dirhael:
Sorry cybernetnews, I'm not really following what you're saying about the Aero interface (I don't have access to Vista). What does Aero offer above and beyond what these various options listed running under XP offer? You may have answered this in your post above, but as a teacher it is my perogative to encourage my students to read carefully without actually practising what I preach!
-Darwin (September 05, 2007, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

The main advantage Aero has over all the earlier interfaces of Windows, and this extends to applications such as this, is that all windows are 3D objects. This gives applications like this the possibility to have all windows display their content in real-time. Movies playing in your favorite player will continue playing, that youtube video in your browser will keep playing, if you're compressing a huge set of files, you can see the progress bar updating in real-time in the HUD...basically, none of the "thumbnails" being displayed are static :)

Darwin:
Hmm.. Thanks for that Dirhael. Interestingly, this is a feature of Reflex Vision (and Entbloess before that): Live Preview. I've reinstalled the latest version and when using alt-tab the thumbnails are live - I can watch a download progress indicator complete the download and change to "download complete", for example. Just verified that this works under XP Pro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version