ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

$7.5 to optimize XP NTFS Drive access : rip-off or not ?

<< < (7/9) > >>

mwb1100:
Now, how do we "out" these turds without getting slapped silly by a copyright lawyer?
-Darwin (September 03, 2007, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that's been done - there's no copyright violation by mentioning that the secret Disktrix (the publishers of Ultimate Defrag) is selling in their PDF, Windows_Secrets_1_NTFS_Intro.pdf, is:

NTFS Compression

If the actual PDF or any significant portion of it are posted, then that would be a violation, but that's not the case.

MerleOne:
I am so sorry I started this thread !  Really,  I am ashamed ! 

Distrix claims all of their products come with a 30-days refund if one is not satisfied.  I guess that's the case here ?

Darwin:
I am so sorry I started this thread !  Really,  I am ashamed ! 

Distrix claims all of their products come with a 30-days refund if one is not satisfied.  I guess that's the case here ?

-MerleOne (September 03, 2007, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice one! Josh - give it a try! Keep the credits, though... you deserve them for going through this with them.

Josh:
I will shoot them an email complaining that they are overhyping a publicly available piece of information and providing claims that are nowhere near what most users will experience.

justice:
so how should we best use NTFS compression?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version