ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DRM in Vista is getting on my nerves...anyone else's, too?

(1/1)

wreckedcarzz:
I have been enjoying using WMP 11 in Vista for the last few days. I love the AERO :). But when I get my CPU fan starts acting like something is on fire in my computer, and I open Task Manager and see like 4 new processes eating my resources faster then I can read, there is a problem. (and all of them have something like "Windows Media Player protected mp3 service scanner" or some long thing that requires you to drag Task Manager to a width of almost the whole screen to read)

But I have been coping, I pause it and wait for it calm down then I resume with no problem. Except I just booted up today, and for some reason WMP now makes my little orb-circling-loading mouse cursor go nuts, making a 25% circle, then snapping back, in an infinite loop. When I close WMP 11, it gets less occurring, and when I close my Music folder, all is well.

Right now I am enjoying MPlayer Portable, no DRM and no problems. Has anyone else had issues with DRM?

Josh:
I dont think this is an issue of DRM but of a service running when it shouldnt be. I've never had a problem playing ANY of my media, protected or not, in Vista and have not seen the service you mentioned. There are a couple of services you can disable in the services.msc mmc snapin, but other than that, I have seen nothing of what you mention.

wreckedcarzz:
Hmm, I will have to take a look in services.msc later. Thanks for the info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version