topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:16 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DRM in Vista is getting on my nerves...anyone else's, too?  (Read 3448 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DRM in Vista is getting on my nerves...anyone else's, too?
« on: September 02, 2007, 09:43 AM »
I have been enjoying using WMP 11 in Vista for the last few days. I love the AERO :). But when I get my CPU fan starts acting like something is on fire in my computer, and I open Task Manager and see like 4 new processes eating my resources faster then I can read, there is a problem. (and all of them have something like "Windows Media Player protected mp3 service scanner" or some long thing that requires you to drag Task Manager to a width of almost the whole screen to read)

But I have been coping, I pause it and wait for it calm down then I resume with no problem. Except I just booted up today, and for some reason WMP now makes my little orb-circling-loading mouse cursor go nuts, making a 25% circle, then snapping back, in an infinite loop. When I close WMP 11, it gets less occurring, and when I close my Music folder, all is well.

Right now I am enjoying MPlayer Portable, no DRM and no problems. Has anyone else had issues with DRM?

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DRM in Vista is getting on my nerves...anyone else's, too?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 11:18 AM »
I dont think this is an issue of DRM but of a service running when it shouldnt be. I've never had a problem playing ANY of my media, protected or not, in Vista and have not seen the service you mentioned. There are a couple of services you can disable in the services.msc mmc snapin, but other than that, I have seen nothing of what you mention.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DRM in Vista is getting on my nerves...anyone else's, too?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 05:44 PM »
Hmm, I will have to take a look in services.msc later. Thanks for the info.