ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Settings backup software?

(1/6) > >>

app103:
Is there an application that will work for Win98/ME/2K/XP that will back up a bunch of various Windows settings that will allow you to check off what settings you want and make it easy to back up and restore them all and/or just the specific ones you want?

And if so, are there any FREE ones that will do this?*

Bonus points if it also lets you back up settings for a bunch of popular applications too. (MS Office, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, etc)

*If it doesn't exist, please don't offer to make it. If this turns out to be the case, this may be my next project.

Josh:
This isnt free, but Genie-Soft backup manager pro allows plugins to backup various settings from your configuration. It also allows you to backup various windows settings with its built-in functionality. I highly recommend it!

tomos:
the new backup4all plugin system would cover some apps.
posted about it here apparently you can write plugins, well I probably couldnt :)

Armando:
App, out of curiosity, and if it's not indiscreet to ask : why do you want to backup Windows settings? (Sorry if it seems like a stupid question...)

Curt:
Today's GiveAway is offering some of it:

East-Tec Backup 2007 backs up and protects the files and data you care about (files, folders, documents, emails, photos, address book, and settings from your favorite programs such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express, and more). -GiveAwayOfTheDay
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version