ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

For Discussion: Search engine query repository and bookmarking service

<< < (4/4)

nudone:
it's a potential revolutionary idea. i can imagine that is how newcomers to the internet think that google works anyway. (well, that is how my father seems to understand things - i've given up trying to explain to him.)

you should do it - and then sell it.

Veign:
I think the idea could make some a lot of money.  I see the idea as attracting 100K's of users.

I have sat on the idea for a couple months and came to the realization that I just don't have the time and probably will not for 6+ months.

I just felt like I would rather release the idea into the wild and let someone else develop it.

I am also not above donations if someone develops it and makes millions :-)

Wonder if I should protect the idea in someway and try to keep some rights to it.  Ehh.  At least I, and we at DC know, who had the idea first since its now well documented through my blog and through here.

Veign:
Also, I have so many ideas in my head that I decided to release them through my blog in an idea tag.  So, hopefully overtime I will continue to make posts that outline my thoughts for websites (typically) that I think need to be developed that I just don't have the time to do myself.

nudone:
is this a flaw in the idea or is it irrelevant - if you are searching for something that has been done very well on many websites - how will the search pick the right one?

if several sights are equally good and the general opinion is that each one has something good to offer - what comes up as a result?

or does the super search term return a list of several results - maybe with a bit of info for each one?

i'm just thinking how i search most of the time - no one website usually fits the bill (i'm sure it must sometimes but i can't think of any) and so i'll flick through several of the results that come up in google - not just on page 1 either.

(if you've already explained that it won't return just one result i apologise for not paying attention.)

Veign:
The goal is the 'super search, as you put it, should return those websites in its result set.  The whole point is the result set should *always* be the best, or an ongoing effort to be the best.

The goal should always be a result set where the top 5 return website *all* should be viewed for your topic as they all provide something important and relevant.

Keep in mind that this was nothing more than an idea of mine that I never really fully fleshed out.  So, there would be a lot of things to work out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version