topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: OpenProj: Free cross-platform, ms-project-compatible project management tool  (Read 12254 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Nice looking tool -- they make a commercial version for larger buisnesses as well.

OpenProj is a free, open source project management solution. OpenProj is a complete replacement of Microsoft Project and other commercial project solutions. A free download of OpenProj is available here. OpenProj is ideal for desktop project management and is available on Linux, Unix, Mac or Windows.

from Screenshot - 8_31_2007 , 3_34_40 PM_thumb.png

OGroeger

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sounds interesting. I'll have a look at it. Another free alternative is OpenWorkbench.

Open Workbench is an open source desktop application that provides robust project scheduling and management functionality. Already the scheduling standard for more than 100,000 project managers worldwide, Open Workbench is a free and powerful alternative to Microsoft Project.

I tested it and it met my (marginal) requirements.

Clive

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just wondering if there are tutorials for project management software. I've had a bit of a search, but not found anything suitable for the complete beginner.
I tried OWB, but found that their forums were bogged down with spam & consequently very few real replies to queries.
I'm interested in Project Management as I'm considering being the project manager when/if we build a house we're currently dreaming about.
Anyone know of any specific software for construction PM? I've heard of AccuPlan.

Thanks,
Clive