ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

browse text files

<< < (5/7) > >>

TPReal:
Try this simple program, I think it might be what you are loking for. You load a directory, then there's a list of all text files which you can browse and delete (not edit).

[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

I'm sorry for the pity fact that you must also download some libraries, but when I try to compile a program with needed libraries in it, something doesn't work. Put them in the program directory or in windows\system32. (Not all the libs are needed, but I'm not sure which of them are.) http://etonne.110mb.com/files/libs.zip

TPReal.

Darwin:
Wow! Thanks TPReal. This looks really interesting  :Thmbsup: I'm downloading now to try it out (will post back later in the day to report on my experience - off to work now).

kalos:
mr TPReal you made my day, big thanks, its exactly what I need

by the way, how you found this? is it yours?

rjbull:
Try this simple program, I think it might be what you are loking for. You load a directory, then there's a list of all text files which you can browse and delete (not edit).
-TPReal (September 10, 2007, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

This looks very like a Windows-ized version of PC Magazine's DOS utility FileCtrl.com.  Is that where the inspiration came from?

TPReal:
Nice to hear that you like it :)
In fact I wrote this program once for myself, but it didn't have the option to delete files, only to view them, so now I added deleting and that's it. The whole work (then and now) took less than an hour, I think :)
I wasn't inspired by the program you have mentioned, rjbull, because I didn't know there is such a program :) I just made what seemed most obvious to me.
What was important to me at the time when I wrote the program for myself, is that it can open all ASCII files (in fact, it checks if there is a byte with value 0x00 anywhere in the file, and if not, it assumes that the file is human-readable).
TPReal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version