ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

<< < (23/39) > >>

TucknDar:
Good news on Total Commander:
Total Commander goes Unicode
September 28th, 2007
The next version of Total Commander will fully support Unicode. Unicode allows to display characters of all countries at once.
The plug-in interfaces will also fully support Unicode.
So far there is no public or non-public alpha version of Total Commander 7.5.

--- End quote ---

Source: the Total Commander Beta Blog

iphigenie:
I was curious so I gave salamander a try - looks fine but I dont see that much of a difference between that and total commander. Some people said it is prettier but when looking at a 2 pane list of filenames I dont think I really notice the difference.
Some features feel easier out of the box than they do with total commander (eg: scp/sftp), and it is nicely polished.

But it took me exactly 25 seconds after starting it to go "what, no tabs?????????"

Totally subjectively: I would suggest it to people, but I am unlikely to change from TC since I am addicted to tabs.

Will give the 1 week totally subjective test to another one soon

nosh:
Salamander will only really shine out from the rest when you're dealing with a very large amount of files and the other file managers start choking. It's a handy tool to have around but it's not my everyday file manager either.

sri:
The prettiest file manager has to be DOpus.

mitzevo:
Re: wiki on filemanagers... good idea. I thought "but there's one!", but I was remembering this:
http://www.softpanorama.org/OFM/index.shtml
-urlwolf (September 11, 2007, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

This site is pretty bad ass.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version