ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

<< < (22/39) > >>

mwang:
Here's a question for DOpus users - is there any way to manage/customize the right-click context menu within DO? - to, for instance, put items like cut/copy/paste into an 'Edit' submenu?-nosh (September 24, 2007, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes. Go to [Settings] [File Types ...] [All Files and Folders] (assuming you want it on all files and folders) [Context Menu], and go from there.

lanux128:
Sorry Lanux, I now feel like the guy who's shaking hands with a president he voted against.  :-[-nosh (September 24, 2007, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

don't worry about it, nosh.. i too have heavily customised my settings to even begin to move to another file-manager. and each time, i tried a new one, i'd start comparing with Salamander.. that is a normal reaction, i think.. :)

nosh:
Sorry Lanux, I now feel like the guy who's shaking hands with a president he voted against.  :-[-nosh (September 24, 2007, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
don't worry about it, nosh.. i too have heavily customised my settings to even begin to move to another file-manager. and each time, i tried a new one, i'd start comparing with Salamander.. that is a normal reaction, i think.. :)
-lanux128 (September 24, 2007, 05:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

:)

mwang, thanks but I don't think that was what I was looking for.

Can I tame this

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

to look something like this

within DOpus?

mwang:
Hi, Nosh,

Sorry I misunderstood you. If you're looking for a way to reorganize Windows context menus with ease, then no, I don't think you can do it with DOpus, to the best of my knowledge (I'm relatively new to DOpus, too, having used it for two months only).

DOpus does let you hide the system context menus on an all-or-none basis. Then you can add the items you want and others to the DOpus context menu system, using the method I mentioned earlier. And yet it's a cumbersome process if you really want to recreate the whole context menu system this way (check out the ContextMenu raw command in the help file if you really want to do it). I believe there should be other tools better suited for your purpose.

DOpus honors system context menus (unless you opt to hide them), meaning the context menu you see in DOpus should be a combination of the system context menu (for the selected items) and the DOpus custom context menu. Therefore if you use a 3rd party tool to reorganize system context menus (by really changing the registry settings), then those changes should be reflected in DOpus, in theory. I've no idea why the 3rd party tool you used to customize context menus doesn't work with DOpus.

I used to use a tool called contextmenu editor (or something like that) before Vista. Now I have a relatively new system with not too many applications installed, hence relatively short and manageable context menu, so I haven't started hunting for such tools yet.

nosh:
Thanks again mwang. The shell editor I use probably doesn't work coz DOpus seems to be using proprietary code rather than borrowing the same code WinExplorer uses for file management by simply being a middle man. It probably explains why things like scrolling are considerably smoother within DO. The tool I use doesn't seem to change anything permanently in the registry, if I shut it I get standard Windows behaviour. The raw commands you pointed me to are too hard core for my purpose, I'd rather stick to drag&drop. Still, it's nice to know that something could be done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version