ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

<< < (13/39) > >>

JohnFredC:
Every TC install resets your Main menu (not toolbar).  The *.mnu files are usually kept in the Language subfolder of the TC main folder.  It is an annoyance, but after every install, re-identify your saved custom menu file from Start->Change Main menu...

Also, keep in mind that the TC default main menu shows only a few of the possible commands (crazy, huh?).  Most TC users customize the main menu.

Fully populated menus are available here and a pack of tools (you may already have these) for customizing TC is available from here.

A little tip for customizing your own menu: you can split the menu between left and right sides of the TC window by placing the HELP_BREAK command in the mnu file where you would like the division to occur.

Innuendo:
Darwin, sorry I led you astray. I forgot about the main menu getting reset. I've done it so many times it's just second nature to me so it didn't stick in my mind. I heartily recommend the menu JohnFredC linked, though. Petermad has been crafting TC menus a long time so he knows what he's doing. Switching your menus is just as easy as JohnFredC makes it out to be.

I'd offer to help you guys with the file manager review, but I may be moving in a couple weeks so I've got a lot on my plate right now.

JohnFredC:
I'll help with the review.

Darwin:
Thanks, JohnFredC, and no worries Innuendo. At this point I should bring mouser in to get his thoughts on this.

Innuendo:
Hope you guys know what you are getting yourselves into. This is going to be a daunting task to be sure. I think I still have my list of file managers around here if you guys want it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version