ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

<< < (12/39) > >>

Armando:
[off-topic]Actually, I did both, my friend... ; added a sub-category + a brand new one...  ;D Ok. Enough. Off to bed.[/off-topic]

Darwin:
Yes Armando - I'm also addicted to Word processors (office suites, really), notetakers, and PIMS... :-[

Darwin:
Maybe we should consider writing a File Managers review, toghether. As stated in an earlier post, I love File Managers and have played with a lot of them. However, I'm not really knowledgeable enough about the category to tackle a review by myself. Actually, given how complex they can be, it may be difficult for any individual to do it alone. Still, what do you think? Perhaps teams could be made up to work on one or two options together (JohnFredC and urlwolf for TC, maybe we can persuade nudel to write up DOpus, mitzevo for xplorer2, zaine for xyplorer, lanux for servant salamander - acutally, I think there is a mini-review by someone else that could be dusted off)... Hard to coordinate, of course, but worth the effort. As you'll note, DC reviews don't tend to do more than offer "best in class" recommendations - it's not necessary to rank File Managers hierarchically... OK, I'm free associating now...

PS Neglected to mentino Innuendo's 30-40 File Manager list, which might be a good launching point for this.

Darwin:
Darwin, you would just install TC 7.02 over Ultima Prime. The TC installer is smart enough to preserve all the existing Ultima Prime settings.
-Innuendo (September 10, 2007, 07:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... tried this and it if I specify that TC install to the UP folder, everything works great except for the fact that all of the special TCUP menus are lost and I can't see how to get them back. I'll have to reinstall TCUP and wonder what file(s) I'll then need to backup (and then restore) before installing TC to avoid this? Anyone know?

Darwin:
OK - looks like wincmd.ini is the culprit - I'll try that.

Nope... I've tried the TCUP forums, but haven't gotten anywhere. I'll have to try posting there, I guess. Of course, I could just wait for the next TCUP installer to come out, but where is the fun in that?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version