ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

<< < (9/39) > >>

JohnFredC:
A little quirk of TC you may have to get used to...  drag and drop copies a file by default (as opposed to Explorer, which moves it, instead).  To move a file in TC use <alt> when you drag and drop.

I personally like TC's behavior better, but then I am big on excessive file redundancy after so many drive crashes over the years.

Darwin:
Duh, doh! (Darwin smacks forehead and utters an oath!) - what a dolt I am. TC's installer explicitly asks for an installation directory... What can I say? I'm operating on three and a half hours sleep (yeah, like that's an excuse!).

Darwin:
Thanks for the tip, JohnFredC. I like that behaviour WRT drag and drop as well. It makes sense.

tinjaw:
For those of us who cannot (are not willing to) keep up with the plethora of postings on file manager swiss army knives, it sounds like the Big Four are (in no particular order, or course) Directory Opus, XYplorer, TC, and xplorer2. And, I imagine like vi and emacs, pc and apple, and coke and pepsi, it is a matter of taste you choose as they are all relatively equal in power. Am I kinda correct?

Dirhael:
For those of us who cannot (are not willing to) keep up with the plethora of postings on file manager swiss army knives, it sounds like the Big Four are (in no particular order, or course) Directory Opus, XYplorer, TC, and xplorer2. And, I imagine like vi and emacs, pc and apple, and coke and pepsi, it is a matter of taste you choose as they are all relatively equal in power. Am I kinda correct?
-tinjaw (September 10, 2007, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

You would be correct in that it's a matter of taste, but I wouldn't really say that they are that close when it comes to features and "power." Of those you mention, all of them are actually quite unique in what they have to offer. Of course, most of the basic functionality will be quite similar but other than that it can really be a "night and day" experience going from one of them to another. I love all of them (with the exception of Xplorer^2), so it's not really an issue for me. Like Darwin, I'm kind of addicted to file managers. Those and text editors are like heroin...only slightly more addictive ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version