ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

<< < (5/39) > >>

Grorgy:
From my playing with powerdesk it almost replaces windows explorer, windows explorer still sometimes opens from within powerdesk, but i've turned that option off now anyway.  So now I have explorer2 and powerdesk waiting and willing in my quicklaunch bar. 

I did look at TC but i gave up, addons here plugins there, sheeesh, no wonder its website gets so many hits, you got to keep going back there to find new things to plug into it.  I've done it with firefox, which is still my browser of choice, and with foobar, which i gave up on, and for me, something that works well out of the box with options just a configuration dialog away is important.

Everyone is going to have different requirements, and to me those 'challenges' are somewhat arcane and verge on the 'yeah, well, who cares?' But each to their own and the xplorer2 developr who's name i've forgotten, sorry  :-[, hit it when he said, its like your favourite football team lol.

Must say if i want to look at my mp3 i use my music player, has all those columns.

Darwin:
You got to accept that some days you're the pigeon and other days you're the statue
--- End quote ---

Yeah, but why do I get to be the statue more often than not?

One of my all-time favourite quotes, from Cheers circa 1985:

Norm walks into the bar and the regulars all yell out "Norm!" in unison.

Someone (probably Cliff Claven) asks: "How's life treating you?"

To which Norm replies: "Like a baby treats a diaper!*"

*diaper = nappy!

Grorgy:
Norm was wise man  :Thmbsup:

sri:
I just started using DO and have a couple of questions. Hope it's alright to ask here.

I have a dual pane vertical setup (like in xplorer2)

1. With an item selected in the right pane, pressing tab doesn't take me to the left pane (like it does in xplorer2). Any idea how to get DO to do that?-sri (August 30, 2007, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Lunch is not on the table yet so I dashed back in here! Try this setting:
 (see attachment in previous post)
I'm not sure that it will work as you want it to, but it *looks* like this is the setting.

2. 'Extract', 'Add to zip' etc buttons are functioning in the opposite pane as opposed to the the pane containing the items on which the functions were performed. For ex.: if I select two files in the left pane and hit 'Add to zip' button, the newly created zip is in the right pane, not left. Any idea as to how to fix this?
--- End quote ---

Yes... this is a feature I generally LOVE (in different contexts mind you, such as "Create shortcut" operations as you can have the source and target folders open and the shortcut is automatically created in the target...). I'm not sure how to change this behaviour - a quick search of the settings folder didn't enlighten me - but I'll look into it more closely later on today/this evening.

Best,

Mike
-Darwin (August 30, 2007, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for pointing out the correct setting Darwin. Regarding my second question, I'll post in DO forums.

Darwin:
Interesting - I just tried zipping two files with DOpus in dual pane mode (vertical) and the zip file was created in the folder of origin. I looked at the zip settings in the settings dialogue and can't see anything that covers this, so don't know how I have it set up to accomplish this! I can post screenshots of the two tabs covering zip options from my setup, if you like, but that's about it. It's worth noting that my wife is still running DOpus 8 and on her setup creating a shortcut from the context menu in dual pane mode results in the shortcut being created in the source folder! That's what prompted me to speculate that its a more general setting and not zip specific. I'll take a look at her settings and post back if anything illuminating pops up...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version