ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

<< < (4/39) > >>

Dirhael:
Nice Dirhael! I love DOpus and have been using it through versions 6,8 and now 9 (over four years and counting) and it blows me away how much there is to learn about it (rephrased: how much I don't bloody well know!).
-Darwin (August 30, 2007, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehe, yeah... I'm discovering new things all the time as well :) The Dopus Resource Centre and the (huge) manual just contains a wealth of information, and I love browsing through it from time to time.

twinkler:
Powerdesk offers to the do the same (I took advantage of the still current $9.95 offer on version 6)
-Darwin (August 30, 2007, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin, can you please give details on that offer? Thanks!

Darwin:
Sorry, twinkler - I'm getting sloppy! There's a thread about the offer here. Direct link for the offer is here. Have fun!

JohnFredC:
2 Dirhael

Yeh that Dopus is a monster.  I have a license, too.  It is really the most powerful straight file manager but has so many "little" quirks and lacunae that I have never been able to abandon TC for it.

By the way, Challenge 1 was to place the recursive counts of folders and files in ONE column.  You display two columns in your DOpus screen dump.  So again, Challenge 1 is still not met.

The purpose of Challenge 1 was to show how TC handles custom columns, allowing you to combine various metadata into one file panel column.  Not only that, there is a TC plugin that lets you "overload" a single column with different column values based on file masks.   This is incredibly useful:  for instance, I have a column that shows subfolders/files for folders, dimensions for images, duration for MP3s etc etc.  All in a single column!

Dirhael:
2 Dirhael

Yeh that Dopus is a monster.  I have a license, too.  It is really the most powerful straight file manager but has so many "little" quirks and lacunae that I have never been able to abandon TC for it.

By the way, Challenge 1 was to place the recursive counts of folders and files in ONE column.  You display two columns in your DOpus screen dump.  So again, Challenge 1 is still not met.

The purpose of Challenge 1 was to show how TC handles custom columns, allowing you to combine various metadata into one file panel column.  Not only that, there is a TC plugin that lets you "overload" a single column with different column values based on file masks.   This is incredibly useful:  for instance, I have a column that shows subfolders/files for folders, dimensions for images, duration for MP3s etc etc.  All in a single column!
-JohnFredC (August 30, 2007, 05:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I understood what you said in challenge 1, but as I mentioned in my post, that's just nitpicking as it has nothing to do with functionality as such. It is merely a presentational matter, as I still get the same end result as you get in TC. If we were to consider slight differences in presentation on the same level as functionality, there would be almost no file managers that could do the same thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version