I am not at all sure what this is, but I guess it is some kind of a file manager. But first a warning if you are going to try your luck on this: The all new 1.4 seems to be the last of it's kind, because the also all new 1.5
is using a different kind of settings and will not accept version 1.4's. 1.5 takes a complete removal of 1.4 and you will need to do the personal settings again.
Fuzzy Duck Explorer Plus
is replacing the standard version, Fuzzy Duck Explorer (no "plus"). You can get the last standard version (with no user admin features) here
(direct link!). Standard will be updated as I update Plus, but the main development branch is now Plus
.What is Fuzzy Duck Explorer Plus (FDE+) ?
FDE+ is a free web based file manager.
The project grew out of the frustration I felt from not being able to find a free File Manager, written in ASP that did everything I wanted and looked good!! (I think this looks ok
* File/Folder Management
o Create New Files/Folders
o Copy Files/Folders
o Move Files/Folders
o Delete Files/Folders
o Download Files
o Upload Files
o Edit Files
* Search Feature
* Sortable Details View (click the column headings)
* Tile View
* Full Graphical Interface
* Easy Install
* Database Driven user management.
* Can create users (with md5 password encryption) and user folders.
o Create Read only users
o Create Admin users
o Create user folder
o Assign user disk quotas
* Users are then only able to access their user area.
* If you want to easily have more than one user this is how!!
* Banned folders list
* Banned extensions listScreen Shots Detail View
, Click image for larger picture Tile View
, Click image for larger picture
So lets start from the beginning, Installation
If you just upload the Explorer folder to your website, it should just work.
You must have read write access for iis guest user on the whole explorer folder.
A tip from Eyal Zarchi, add the apps location to your trusted sites!!
But there are a few settings you can tweak in the default.asp file.
.databasePath = server.mappath("./db/login.mdb")
.loginLog = false
.idleLogout = 5
.showHiddenItems = false
.bannedFolders = "folder1|folder2"
.bannedFiles = "mp3|wmv"
.searchPanel = true
.newfilePanel = true
.newfolderPanel = true
.viewChangerPanel = true
.uploadPanel = 3
.buttons = true
.dateFormat = "ddmmyyyy"
.uploadProgressBar = true
.guestLink = true
.useUploadDLL = "" 'tabsupload
.openLinkIn = "same" 'same , new , both
.root=""'Custom root for the site
* databasePath is the physical path to the login database.
* loginLog, set this to true to log every user login. You need to download the database to see this info.
* idleLogout is the time in minutes that a user who is logged in can stay idle before being logged out. root is the root folder. As mentioned above this can be set to the same as the username maybe to access a network folder. (.username returns the name of the logged in user).
* showHiddenItems determines if you can see hidden folders (true) or not (false).
* bannedFolders is a list of folders you wish to be hidden, separated with |.
* bannedFiles is a list of file extensions you wish to be banned from upload, separated with |.
* searchPanel if set to true will display the search box.
* newfilePanel if set to true will display the new file box.
* newfolderPanel if set to true will display the new folder box.
* viewChangerPanel if set to true will display the button to change the view between detail and tile views.
* uploadPanel if set to more than 0 will display that number of upload boxes.
* buttons if set to true will display the home, help, upload and view buttons (best to leave this set to true!!).
* dateFormat sets how dates will be displayed to the user ddmmyyyy , mdyyyy , yyyymmdd
* uploadProgressBar turns on the upload progress bar. You must have a folder in the explorer root called tmp and it must have write access. Set to false if you have problems uploading.
* guestLink. If you have set up guest access a "Guest Login" link is displayed under the login box. To turn off this link set guestLink to false (guestLink = false)
* openLinkIn. This can be set to same, new or both. Same means that all file links will open in the same window. New means they will open in a new window. Both adds a small new window icon next to the link that opens the link in a new window.
* .useUploadDLL set to tabsupload if you have tabs upload installed
Per user folder permissions
Ok this needs a little explanation. As an admin you will see this icon next to every folder Folder Permissions Icon
Click on this and you will be taken to a list of users. Each user has a tick box in front of it and one after it.
The first tick box selects a user that will have access to the folder.
The second box selects if the user will on have read only access to the folder.
This will override any other settings made when the user was created.
A hidden file called fuzzyperm.fde is created in the folder with a list of usernames in it.
This allows you to customize areas to allow certain access to certain folders or have admin only folders etc.
File and Folder attributes.
Click on the one of the following icons and you will be taken to an attributes editor Folder Attributes File Attributes
Hidden files or folders appear faded in FDE.
These changes affect the actual files and folders so be carefully!!!