ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

<< < (33/39) > >>

tomos:
Just replied to both, Tom. No problems from end of things. Note that Don has already replied to your question - there is not yet a file comparison tool built into XYPlorer, but it is easy to set it up to use a 3rd party app. Don suggests you take a look at WinMerge and points to a thread discussing setting this all up: http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?p=22136#22136
-Darwin (June 06, 2008, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks Mike,
yes I saw his answer, my reply, which I couldnt post was

Thanks Don for very quick reply!

yes, I had seen that thread
Would still be very interested in the "same or not" option [a simple "same or not" function]-
thing is, I'm no advanced user & also am not working with text files, so seeing the actual differences doesnt interest me so much as simply knowing if the files are the same or not

thanks, Tom

Darwin:
Just an update - I'm down to two file managers (above and beyond Windows Explorer), Dopus 9 and XYPlorer. Even File Manager is gone... I wasn't really using any of the others and thought I might as well streamline my system. Not sure how long XYPlorer is going to last... I love it but don't use it much, either.

wraith808:
^ You're in the same boat as me Darwin.  I'm still trying (and liking) FileBoss, but I just re-upped on DOpus (I'd stagnated at 6) because XYplorer and FileBoss just weren't doing it for me in Vista.

Grorgy:
I find i'm using just 2 file managers now (well, i wont include explorer tho i do use it at times).  XYplorer for all those day to day things where a single pane at a time is fine, and total commander (the Ultima prime variant) for when i want to do some (for me) heavy duty copying or moving where i find 2 panes and the the options better on TC.  Of course a lot of this is no doubt that i'm just too lazy to investigate all the options of either.  :)

Curt:
More than 90 % of the time I will use QT Tabbar / XP's Explorer. Yesterday I decided to sort 800 MP3 files and move them from a temporary download folder and into folders the same way it is done when you record a CD: My Documents > My Music > Artist > Album > Tracks. For this I would of course need drag&drop and a dual pane browser, and my choice was Q-Dir Unicode (Quadro-View) because it uses the <- back-button<- in a clever way and always returns to the proper position. Try it and you'll know what I mean.

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Software/Q-Dir&language=english

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version