ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...

<< < (28/39) > >>

Darwin:
Ah... here's the response that went missing. It was six tabs to the right, notifying  me that wraith had beaten me to posting a response. Mystery solved.

<Cue Hysterical laughter from Darwin> Tried to post again and, of course, am informed that I've posted in the interim...

Puttin' my feet to the fire, eh Curt?!

I really liked FileBoss 1.7 and am less enthusiastic about FileBoss 2. It's incredibly powerful, but not quite as user friendly/intuitive to my mind. Now, I really haven't put it through its paces, to be honest. I keep going back to DOpus 9 because though it's pricey I am very used to it and it works exactly as I (have come to) need it to. Having said that, I think FileBoss would make an excellent file manager for anyone looking for one. It features multiple viewer panes (more than 2 - I've had up to 5 or 6 open if memory serves. It's actually not nearly as useful a feature as you might think because you can't see much of anything in any of them! Three is ideal if viewing vertical panes, four is OK when tiling them to fill the screen.

I know, not very helpful. Sorry! I keep spending my money on software that I don't really use enough to justify the expense. FileBoss is a case in point - I keep telling myself I'll use it exclusively for a week or so, but have never made the committment.

Darwin:
PS in reference to DOpus price, I was referring to their upgrade policy. In honesty though, I've yet to miss an upgrade since version 6 - it's that good, in my opinion...

Curt:
Couldn't wait for your answer so I bought it anyway.

... I keep spending my money on software that I don't really use enough to justify the expense. FileBoss is a case in point - -Darwin (May 17, 2008, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

- I know what you mean. Why would I even want yet another file manager? I love my (amplified) Explorer!

Curt:
Finally, another File Manager no one has mentioned recently (probably because it makes Dopus look like freeware) is PentaSuite (www.pentasuite.com). Anyone? -Darwin (December 22, 2007, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dead, or merely struggling not to die? Has not been updated for a year.

kartal:
I have downloaded the FileBoss  trial version, It looks nice however I could not see any shortcuts customization. For me that is the biggest minus. Second I cannot find a way to change to thumbnails, or list etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version