ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Why I gave up on it

<< < (2/3) > >>

dluby:
SC was the reason I became a member of DonationCoder, I use it everyday. While I don't use all the features (or are features now called bloatware?), its nice to have the features available when you need them.

Some users are obviously put off by the many features, but a little time spent familiarising yourself with the program gives its longterm benefits.

How many of us use over 30% of any OS/program/utilities capabilities?

Carol Haynes:
Mouser - how about a 'basic/advanced user' option to remove the extra features and just leave a simple set for people with minimal needs or just learning the program?

app103:
Mouser - how about a 'basic/advanced user' option to remove the extra features and just leave a simple set for people with minimal needs or just learning the program?
-Carol Haynes (September 02, 2007, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or maybe a lite version.

Carol Haynes:
Trouble with 'lite' versions is maintaining two builds - by having an option to turn of advanced features and the updating mechanism which reduces the download size it means there is only one version to maintain. It also means that a user can switch on the extra features if they find they need them without having to download and install a new version.

katykaty:
Trouble with 'lite' versions is maintaining two builds - by having an option to turn of advanced features and the updating mechanism which reduces the download size it means there is only one version to maintain. It also means that a user can switch on the extra features if they find they need them without having to download and install a new version.
-Carol Haynes (September 02, 2007, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or to harp on about profiles - if there were standard profiles for the basic different types of capture users could get up and running with those, and only need to delve into the more coplex stuff if they needed to  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version