ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Why I gave up on it

(1/3) > >>

ravenlaughs:
I was quite enchanted by the idea, but...

1. I really never used it much because it had too many bells and whistles and options and I found that I didn't want to take the time to deal with it all when I already had MWsnap and IrfanView and... When I want a screenshot, I want a screenshot. Now. I can do lots of things with it after.

2. Bloat! Every time there was a little incremental update, I had to decide whether or not to download a ridiculously large package that was mostly the same old stuff. And I never wanted the blasted clip art! That at least should be optional and separate. Not everyone has a fast connection and drive space to waste.

So...sorry, Mouser, but I uninstalled it to make room for a few more fractals ;)

mouser:
fair enough.

i think this point is valid:
Every time there was a little incremental update, I had to decide whether or not to download a ridiculously large package that was mostly the same old stuff. And I never wanted the blasted clip art! That at least should be optional and separate. Not everyone has a fast connection and drive space to waste.
--- End quote ---

now that update support is complete, i could move all the clipart stuff to a separate bonus download.

cybernetnews:
That may not be a bad idea. Create things like an "arrow" pack and a "button" pack.

app103:
I was quite enchanted by the idea, but...

1. I really never used it much because it had too many bells and whistles and options and I found that I didn't want to take the time to deal with it all when I already had MWsnap and IrfanView and... When I want a screenshot, I want a screenshot. Now. I can do lots of things with it after.
-ravenlaughs (August 29, 2007, 07:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have felt the same way about it. To be perfectly honest, the amount of features in it is pretty scary to me. I suppose it's like driving a car for the very first time, after years of riding a bicycle.

Screenshot Captor is impressive, but it's not for everyone.

Currently my needs aren't to the point where I would need something like Screenshot Captor. But it's nice to know that if/when I outgrow my old version of Snagit, that there is something with much more options & features & power, at a great price that I can afford.  :)

Armando:
This is not to dismiss ravenlaughs' post, really, but... I find that screenshot captor is a great program.
I don't see bloat but flexibility and VERY useful (and easy to use) features...
I wonder : where is the bloat exactly?  :huh:
Its memory footprint is also quite small...
It's stable...
It works well...  :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version