- As jtbworld pointed out in in this post the screenshot capturing in Vista could be a little more snazzy.
- The toolbar in the editor window should by default be placed along the top. After I moved it the app seemed a lot more usable, and more like other programs that I've used before.
- The crosshairs when selecting a region of the screen to capture should stretch from the top to bottom and left to right much like FastStone Capture does. I think this feature makes capturing the area you want a little easier
- Other screenshot apps show a little zoom box (similar to what's in the Screenshot Captor's editor) when you're selecting a region of the screen to capture. This often lets you get extremely close to the area you want to capture without having to guess, and prevents needing to crop the screenshot in the editor where you have full zoom capabilities.
- There's a lot of different algorithms available for scaling images...a brief summary of the benefits each one offers might be helpful. I use Bicubic the most, but that's mostly because I don't know where/when the others would be better.
- Maybe a basic and advanced mode when configuring options. I'm a power user all the way, but all of the different options were pretty intimidating at first. I spent about an hour configuring and playing with all the different choices until I got it just right, but less advanced users might prefer a simpler interface for adjusting options.
- Along the same lines as the previous bullet...I would like an option to save my settings. If I ever format my drive I would hate to reconfigure everything. I'm sure there is a way that you can backup the profile though.
I know the list probably looks long, but these are just things that came to my mind while using the program. Most of them are petty little things that probably don't matter that much.
Thanks for the great app mouser!