ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

VB6 - where to go now?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Booma-Booma:
Thank you all for the excellent feedback! I am really surprised at how easy delphi is to learn. I wish I would have given it a chance a few years ago.

empyrean:
While you're looking, consider PowerBasic.  It's supposed to produce very tight, fast code; and it is actively supported by the vendor and several third parties.

jah:
Also check out PureBasic(www.purebasic.com), it's a very powerful language and Fred(the creator) is a really nice guy and same goes for the helpful community! It's cheap($99) for life time updates and has versions for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, AmigaOS ;-]
peace to you

SkyIDE:
And just for the record, I don't like Delphi/Pascal but a LOT of people do like it hehehe

I disgree with logic and syntax (especially) but that's just me :)

I agree with VB's logic/syntax more than Delphi's

mahesh2k:
I must disagree Sash ,.net is not cross platform.I'm using visual studio 2005 in college it has no methods to make programs deployable over linux or unix.

On the other hand C++ builder or Delphi programs are possible to port with help of kylix but i got no recent version of kylix or any news also.

My opinion you can go with basic,delphi,bcb,wxwidgets but .net or c# no way.Also don't go for J# or C# unless you have reason to do so.

But as far as i know you may go for Borland C++ Builder as it's easy to learn,but very few tutorials are avaialble for it.Also its hard to learn from help file.But so many companies from india,UK use it for commercial app developement.Delphi has also lot of user base & its increasing.

It's all upto you to decide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version