ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Check&Get support - THREAD UPDATED

<< < (4/7) > >>

KenR:
I don't accept spam as an excuse (or explanation) here. I sent multiple messages, all of which went through the developers website, rather than my email package. Therefore, I don't have a record of them. I began sending them shortly after I purchased the program. Since I installed Check & Get in May of this year. We can reasonably infer that I have been trying to contact the developer for approximately 3 months.

Someone is just not trying when they don't respond to 1) emails from their customers from their own site, 2) emails from outsite the system they've set up but to a previously known good email address from which no "bounce" email message is received, and finally )3 posts in a forum.

If the developer is no longer providing support he should say so. If the software is dead and no further developing is going to take place, that should be made clear - though I know few authors do this. Why? Because people wouldn't buy their software if they knew it was dead. So why not just give people the impression things are still fine so you can screw potential customers out of some money.

I don't think the software is shit, but I certainly think the support is. The biggest tragedy here is that the program could really be good with some changes. Instead, it's just mediocre at best.

Ken

iphigenie:
I totally understand where you are coming from, and that you didnt really mean it as an attack on the software or developer, just a profound disappointment (the anger was more due to having spent so much time crafting the email etc. for nothing). I just thought it a good idea to make a point that we are blessed with so much good service in this community we start taking it for granted and feeling cheated when we don't get it... and to a certain extent we should be, but we must also remember that a lot of those people are one man bands with a second job... or a small group doing their best but who now and then will have a few off weeks or months.

I wasnt trying to start a debate at all - now let me tell my ebay-support-are-ignoramuses story...  :P

PS: I didn't manage to make either Check-n-Get or website watcher work for me - neither saved me that much time, as the time saved checking sites  was kind of eaten by the micro management applications seem to require... It could be that this is more satisfying than browsing for many people, or that it gets better after a month or two, but it didnt work that way for me.

iphigenie:
If the developer is no longer providing support he should say so. If the software is dead and no further developing is going to take place, that should be made clear - though I know few authors do this. Why? Because people wouldn't buy their software if they knew it was dead.
-KenR (August 30, 2007, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is certainly a totally fair point.

I might buy software that is no longer being worked on if it does everything I need -I don't believe that a software needs a new version every 6 months- but I would hesitate to buy if there was no support at all anymore if I encounter any bugs.

iphigenie:
By the way, Martin (aignes) has added a "portable" option to both WSW and LWA  :-*

Darwin:
I should offer thanks, too, for Martin's continued participation in the DC forums. I've really appreciated his balanced contributions to the discussions of Website Watcher and its competitors -  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version