ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

taskbar at top annoyance - autohotkey to the rescue?

<< < (3/4) > >>

app103:
Couldn't GridMove be used for something like this, to resize and position windows to fit without being under the taskbar?

nudone:
Recommending xBar utility by methodik should earn me the credits :D. With xBar you can create a margin on your screen that maximized windows will not cover... and there are other great little programs listed on that page. You will find info on methodik's programs at Virtualplastic.
-PhilB66 (August 28, 2007, 05:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
sounds great but i can't get it to work.

i've got xbar in a folder also called xbar on the root my C drive and then i've got a shortcut that runs

C:\xBar\xBar.exe - desk "0 30 1920 1200"

which i think is correct, i.e. move windows down from the top of the screen. i've tried a few other numbers but i can't get any indication that xbar is running or actually doing anything. running the same command from the start > run command doesn't do anything either.  :(

nudone:
Couldn't GridMove be used for something like this, to resize and position windows to fit without being under the taskbar?
-app103 (August 28, 2007, 05:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

a tweaked version of gridmove or something that uses part of the script would work i'm sure. for the moment i'm happy with the EasyWindowDrag method.

lanux128:
another program that does the same: Shove-it.

Shove-it fixes this bug by monitoring your application windows and correcting any that stray out of the desktop bounds. The way it does this is user configurable, and it can even re-size a window to fit on the desktop if necessary.

Shove-it normally runs as a background program performing its magic diligently without any user intervention. To change the Shove-it program Properties, right-click the Shove-it icon that appears in the taskbar tray (next to the clock) and select Properties from the menu. Or, if you have the tray icon turned off, just run Shove-it a 2nd time and the Properties dialog will appear.-website
--- End quote ---

• http://www.phord.com/shoveit.html

nudone:
thanks, lanux. shoveit looks like it will do it but i'm still content to use the method that's currently working - it doesn't cost $15 either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version