topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 4:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: directory opus send to specific file collection folder shortcut - possible?  (Read 5217 times)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i'm using directory opus as my note management program - why? because i can use plain txt files (and plenty of other file types) that can be stored anywhere on my hard drive but directory opus allows me to collect them in one place using the 'file collection' virtual folders feature.

all very clever, but i'd like a super quick way to add one of my note files to the notes 'file collection' folder. at the moment i have to do a right click and send to kind of thing, navigating a couple of menus.

it would far better to have a shortcut on one of the DO toolbars that allows me to click it and it sends the file to the correct 'file collection' notes folder with the minimum of fuss (drag and drop would also be good).

the problem is that i don't know if it's possible to create such a shortcut. shortcuts are easy but what about one that goes to a specific 'file collection', i can't see any options that fit when editing DO - 'file collections' seem to be missing from the customise options.

failing that, other quick ways of doing the same thing would be helpful to know.

any suggestions?

Dirhael

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • defreitas.no
    • Donate to Member
It's actually quite easy. You just create a new button with the following action:
Copy TO="coll://My Notes"

Works just fine :) Another button I find useful to create is one with the following action:
Copy COLLLIST
That will drop down a menu with all available collections.

Hope this helps!
Registered nurse by day, hobby programmer by night.

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
absolutely incredible!

so simple and yet i didn't believe it could be done.

thanks, Dirhael.

a few credits on their way...

Dirhael

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • defreitas.no
    • Donate to Member
absolutely incredible!

so simple and yet i didn't believe it could be done.

thanks, Dirhael.

a few credits on their way...

Dopus can really do a whole lot of things, but despite the fact that they have made a almost 300 page manual there are still lots of things let undocumented (or difficult to find in that pdf). I suppose you know this already, but I find the DOpus Resource Centre a really valuable source of information when there's something about Dopus I need to figure out. They are all a very helpful bunch over there, just like here :D
Registered nurse by day, hobby programmer by night.

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
good point. i didn't search too hard i must admit.