ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Licensing add-on, copy protection software, and one specific question.

<< < (3/3)

fowmow:
Ok - looks like this thread is a bit derailed... so...

It's a serious problem. You're calmly having a few too many, hit a thread that fires you up, and all of a sudden you're posting ludicrous non-sense, but with the aid of careful typing, staring at the screen a bit too long, and a spell checker built into the forum, you've got a coherent mess of insanity that just makes you look like a complete jackass!

I wonder if you could make any money attaching those breathalyzer machines that they use on cars to your computer to stop you from becoming a complete idiot in front of the entire world...
-Renegade (August 27, 2007, 08:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

You know, I wondered if yours was a "bait post."  That is why I played along.  Who exactly are you replying to?

wreckedcarzz:
OK. So the requirements have changed to copy protection for software that can be used by drunk developers. I think we may have identified a niche market here.  :P  :beerchug: :drinksmiley:
-tinjaw (August 27, 2007, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
*chokes and falls onto the floor because of laughing*

scancode:
Just my 2 cents. Copy protection components/addons/software is plainly stupid. If you don't code it yourself, you have quite a large chance to get it cracked two seconds after release.

Read http://www.searchlores.org/protec/protec.htm . Pretty outdated, but the non-platform-specific advice is just damn right.

Get involved on the Reverse Engineering community, you'll find someone who can help you protecting your apps.

Realize that there's no uncrackable protection, and that yours WILL BE cracked. It's just a matter of time [and about how bored the cracker is :P]

So, good luck in your quest!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version