ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[IDEA] recode intellicomplete, make it publicly available

<< < (2/6) > >>

justice:
I found an autocomplete script on the AHK forums that can be adapted to save a lot of work:
link here
and another one.

I couldn't get the second one to work, it suggested words but couldn't get it to complete. It wouldn't take much work to record all words after a space is pressed and /or add ignored words.

urlwolf:
Has anybody familiar with these scripts AND intellicomplete tried them both?
This could be the starting point, if they work well.

Is anybody up for the task of mimicing intellicomplete?

Darwin:
Note: Andrea Nagar has added the ability to import Word's autocomplete feature into DirectAccess and use it in any application.

urlwolf:
Word's autocomplete feature? never heard of it? Is it any good?
How is directAccess + Word's autocomplete feature doing? Which autocompleter do you use, Darwin? Have you tried intellicomplete?

Darwin:
Too early to comment on the DirectAccess/Word Autocomplete marriage, though I am not finding it particularly useful (but then I'm using the default MS offerings - see below). Word's autocomplete is a configurable autocompleter and rudimentary spell checker. So I can type "chekc" and I am given the option to change it to "check". I can add an unlimited number of words like this to the 845 that Microsoft has given me by default. Note that the words that MS has included are all set up like my chekc example, i.e. they provide a misspelling and offer to spell it correctly. If the particular misspelling isn't in the list, it won't cacth it (misspelling intentional!).

As for which autocompleteters I've used...ActiveWords is the only one. Lately, I've been using SpellCatcher Plus. Note, though, that SpellCatcher isn't an autocompleter, per se, it's really a very advanced Spell Checker and I am rethinking my announced intention to ask for a refund (I've gone so far as to make a note in my calendar to remind me when my 30 day grace period is up so that I can review what I want to do) because I really need a universal spell checker, not autocomplete.

Note that you can also import AHK scripts into DirectAccess, though this may not be particularly enticing as you can run AHK scripts from AHK! It's nice for me, though, as I've already got DirectAccess loaded and can download scripts and run them without having to run a secondary (or tertiary?) app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version