ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[IDEA] recode intellicomplete, make it publicly available

(1/6) > >>

urlwolf:
Ok, The idea is simple, the comercial program is long-dead, and the current implementation sucks -it doesn't work with opera 9.23, for example; hit and miss with most programs. it just dissapears sometimes and has to be restarted-.

To anyone well-versed in ahk/other langs... is this technically difficult? I don't think so.
I'd be very useful to many people to reimplement the idea of an autocompleter that work system-wide. There is an open source one, let-me-type, but it's unmaintained (see here).

Anyone up for the task?

justice:
I'd be interested in that as well..

imtrobin:
I will buy even if there's a commercial version which works just as well.

Darwin:
You can probably set up ActiveWords or DirectAccess to do something similar to IntelliComplete. In fact, I know ActiveWords will do this already and if you can find an AHK script, you can use it from within DirectAccess (it's AHK script importer works like a charm). ActiveWords is being developed, but at a glacial pace, while DirectAccess is very actively developed and Andrea, the developer, is very approachable and very receptive to new ideas.

justice:
I have suggested to Direct Access to watch and suggest keywords for phrases often types by users.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version