ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[IDEA] recode intellicomplete, make it publicly available

<< < (5/6) > >>

bmms:
My posts asking for help in their forum got deleted.-urlwolf (February 04, 2009, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am sorry, if that is all you find worth mentioning about our support service after we tried our best to help by answering all your postings/emails and by even preparing a custom video tutorial for you. The forum disclaimer explains that we do not archive postings that are no help to the community in favour to keep the forum easy to browse for solutions. The deletion was definitely not meant as a sign that we do not care about problems.

It is quite the opposite as we have improved the text prediction feature and latest version 6.0.140 will do much better suggest individual word auto-completion. This development was actually triggered by your inquiry.

Download of the latest version:
http://www.phraseexpress.com/phraseexpress.exe

The unique benefit is that it not only suggests single words but will also start to suggest complete sentences in context once entered a few times.

Please find an updated step-by-step video tutorial here.

The text prediction feature can be fed by your own text input and/or pre-defined word lists, e.g. for medical or legal transcription, which can be easily imported.

I could not get it to mimic intellicomplete. It may be interacting with something else I have installed.-urlwolf (February 04, 2009, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

You may want to disable/shut down any other text replacement utility as running multiple such utilities at the same time may cause malfunction. It would be great if you would give it a try and share your experience.

urlwolf:
I have to admit, the idea is good. So this uses context to complete.
Good, but it's impressively obscure to the user. I cannot, by the life of me, replicate the behavior you show in the general video. And I have been tweaking the parameters for about 30 mins now. This is borderline pathetic, so I'm not expending a minute longer on it.

By the way, (*) it offers plenty of non-helpful suggestions. It offered 'what about you?' in the place marked with a star.

I agree that you do seem to care about problems. But you have to see too that my time is very valuable and that the tool simply doesn't work for me.
Oh, a note on your forum policy. If you think that deleting posts because they are considered non-informative is ok, then I must say: you do not understand the web. You are free to do that as the forum is yours; but I'm free to call your lack of judgment and not to post ever again. The one other forum where this has happened to me was JRiver Media center's. I don't use the tool, nor post there, partly because of that. And I can assure you that the posts that got censored in both forums were most civic.

bmms:
urlwolf, I can assure you that the video is no fake. It really works.

By the way, (*) it offers plenty of non-helpful suggestions.
--- End quote ---

Just right-click such text suggestion to permanently remove it in a snap. :-)

It offered 'what about you?' in the place marked with a star.
--- End quote ---

If you choose to get suggestions without context, then you get suggestions, perhaps our of a usable context. It works just as you configure it.

But you have to see too that my time is very valuable and that the tool simply doesn't work for me.
--- End quote ---

I am sorry to hear that. PhraseExpress is a no-brainer for most if used with the factory presets but it can also be configured and taylored to almost any need. Such customizability is at cost of complexity and this requires some involvement. We are sorry that it does not paid off in your particular case.

Jimdoria:
I'll have to check out PhraseExpress. I'm currently using LetMeType for autocomplete, and Speed Typing (from Invention Pilot, colorpilot.com) for text replacement/correction.

I've only found one utility that did everything I wanted in one place, for free. It was a script called Slave that I found over at the AHK forums. The author seems to have abandoned it though, and when I asked if he would release the code, I think he replied that it was too amateurish and embarrassing to let out without a bunch of cleaning up.

The problem I typically have with these utilities is list management. Proprietary formats make it hard to port word lists from one app to another, something I really need to do if I'm going to consider switching.

bmms:
I'll have to check out PhraseExpress. I'm currently using LetMeType for autocomplete, and Speed Typing (from Invention Pilot, colorpilot.com) for text replacement/correction.-Jimdoria (February 04, 2009, 08:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

PhraseExpress actually integrates both features in one application. This means that sentences written with the help of text replacements (Autotext) are also recognized for the text prediction feature. Both features complement each other.

You can make static text snippets from any text prediction sentence you have accepted to insert by PhraseExpress. These will show up in the "Last Used" phrase folder and can be moved to any other of your custom phrase folders applied with an Autotext of your choice.

The problem I typically have with these utilities is list management. Proprietary formats make it hard to port word lists from one app to another, something I really need to do if I'm going to consider switching.-Jimdoria (February 04, 2009, 08:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

PhraseExpress can import:

* Hotstrings from AutoHotkey
* DirectAccess command packs
* AutoCorrect and Autotext items from MS Word/Outlook
* Your sent Outlook emails for the text prediction feature
* Any plain text files containing word lists or sentences for the text prediction feature
* Any plain text containing phrase lists and optionally Autotext associations by using the separate free Importer tool
You can find more information at http://manual.phraseexpress.com#import and http://manual.phraseexpress.com#autolearn

There are many options with slight variations that may cause completely different results. So, if you have any question, we gladly help in our support forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version