ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Server hiccups on fri night Aug 24

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
Seems like our hosting provider is having some troubles off an on tonight, and the website is blinking out of existence into a black hole for brief periods of time.  Please bear with us.

Darwin:
Well there's that mystery solved - I thought it was my home network!

mouser:
I realize this is sort of asking the wrong people, but does anyone know of anyone still having trouble reaching DonationCoder.com today?

mouser:
Explanation of the problem from servstra.com (our hosting provider):

One of the routers in our NOC has crashed. The router did not restore gracefully, and as a result our engineers routed all production traffic away from this node. Emergency Maintenance Activity 488xxxx has been created to reboot this node during our 0001-0500 CDT maintenance window Sunday 8/26/2007. Once the device has restored and verified to be in a healthy state, our engineers will roll-back the previously implemented changes which moved traffic away from this node, thus restoring traffic flow to its original state. At this time, the alternate paths are functioning perfectly and there are no concerns of utilization, latency or packet loss. Traffic traversing these alternate paths may experience a momentary increase in response time as the trunks route back to their original paths; however this maintenance is expected to be a largely unnoticeable event. The maintanence has already gone without any incidents and the router has returned to its normal state.
--- End quote ---

Josh:
So, is this problem fixed yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version