ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

ok finally about to do a round of work on Process Tamer - make your requests now

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
ok i think i'm finally read to do a round of work improving process tamer;
suggestions and feature requests (and reminders of things i promissed to add) are welcome :)

kfitting:
One thing I've been wondering... could you make it easy to see all processes being tamed by Process Tamer?  Right now, mousing over the tray icon sometimes shows one process being tamed... sometimes it doesnt.  Perhaps a pop-up like you have for your reminder to register would work.  Just some way to look at all tamed processes without opening the program window.

Kevin

Carol Haynes:
* Reminders when it is disabled (for forgetful people like me) Balloon type message would do, and/or disable for x minutes would be nice when you are doing something which needs to be left alone.

* Rule based actions on running processes: eg. if "process CPU usage" < 1% for 10 minutes terminate and run xxx

Yes I know process guard can handle the last one but it would be nice to have this sort of thing in one place

Sentinel:
Excellent news mouser!  How I've waited for this moment.   :)

1. Ability to tame any processes not owned by the account ProcessTamerTray is running as and the ability to view/configure them in the Configuration screen.  This is the single most important feature to me and anything else is a bonus.

Other stuff I'd like to see but which isn't that important (in no particular order): -

2. Ability to automatically terminate any processes that have been 'out of control' (I'd term this as running at 100%) for more than a certain amount of time.  This would be configurable per process.

3. Ability to either take action or launch an exe/script if a certain issue arises such as a process taking too much processor time for a particular amount of time (as above) OR if it exceeds a particular memory threshold.  It would also be good if time of day coule be used in the determination.  e.g. if a service uses more than 50mb between midnight and 4am then ProcessTamer could launch as script to restart it.  I definitely think the ability to monitor memory usage would be a powerful addition and would put ProcessTamer within the Microsoft Resource Manager arena without the cost or bloat.

4. Automatically kill any predefined processes.  I think this might be useful to someone.  Maybe.

5. Do something or other with those annoying Tray Bubbles to stop messages for being displayed seemingly endlessly.  I'm not sure you can do much about this though (without a change of technology to something custom) as I'm sure the problems are very much Microsoft's.

6. Whatever everyone else has said - As long as it doesn't lead to a fat and slow application.  ;)

Carol Haynes:
Just a thought but how about the ability to impose a maximum memory usage on a specific process?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version