ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Kantaris Media Player

<< < (2/2)

PhilB66:
OK guys I have installed kantaris and ... uninstalled it. Yeah, beautiful interface, awesome visualizations and all that but with 38MB memory usage and 12-18% CPU usage it's heavy on resources compared with VLC usage of 12MB and 1% respectively (I only played a mp3). More important though, kantaris setup calls home and to another remote address (did not check the ip yet) and the same happens upon launching the program. There is no option to disable this behaviour. The program also connects to Audioscrobbler - "a database that tracks listening habits". Again no option to disallow that.

Darwin:
Thanks for updating us PhilB66.

lanux128:
nice work, PhilB66 and it seems like another one bites the dust.. :)

Curt:
it is a little weird to see MediaInfo coming with Kantaris, so to speak (extra download via MediaInfo setup). I know the player has been updated several times and now actually is quite good, but there must be a (bad/poor) reason Kantaris hasn't been updated since December. I mean, it is not as it is all perfect - fine but far from perfection - so it should be updated, should it not? So why then is MediaInfo RECOMMENDING Kantaris? Do the two programs have authors in common, or something?

sajman99:
Maybe a case of open source "birds of a feather flock together" kinda deal. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version