ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[feature request] special key turns FARR transparent/inivisble when held

(1/3) > >>

mackal:
Here's a scenario I constantly run into:
- doing stuff
- hey, what's a "pachydermus"?
- Ctrl-Space to bring up FARR
- start typing "search pachy...
- blimey, how do you spell that? darn, FARR is in the way, I can't see!

It be cool if there was a key that, in such cases, while typing in a string into FARR, could be held down to make FARR invisible or (partially) transparent temporarily (as long as the key is held down), so that the full workspace can be seen as it was prior to calling FARR.

lanux128:
this AHK command can do that.. :)

--- ---WinSet, Transparent, N, WinTitle

nitrix-ud:

--- ---
#IfWinActive,  Find and Run Robot v2 ahk_class TMainForm
RAlt::
if (wintrans != 1) {
WinSet, Transparent, 100
wintrans = 1
}
return
RAlt Up::
wintrans = 0
WinSet, Transparent, Off
return #IfWinActive

this works for me, hold down right alt key to make FARR transparent

--- --- #IfWinActive,  Find and Run Robot v2 ahk_class TMainForm
RAlt::
WinSet, Transparent, 100
return
RAlt Up::
WinSet, Transparent, Off
return
 #IfWinActiveworks looks simpler but is too Cpu intensive when you hold down the hotkey

mackal:
Ah, of course, is there anything AHK cannot do?  I can just see it now... FARR v3.0 alpha, one massive AHK script...  ;)  Hey, it could happen... just look at GridMove... was that ever a shock when I discovered it's just an AHK script...  :D

Hmmm... this is too useful a script to just limit to FARR.  Many a time I've been in the same situation with other apps.  I just have to come up with a good universal hotkey for this functionality, one that will not interfere with any of my apps...

nitrix-ud:
there is just not enough keys...

i'd like to use my Fn key (i'm a notebook user) but never managed to make it work...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version