topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FindAndRunRobot.ini  (Read 4609 times)

risingeil

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FindAndRunRobot.ini
« on: July 21, 2010, 01:58 AM »
Hi all,

I am new the community.  FARR is a great piece of software.  It is very useful.  I have question, more out of curiosity, than it being a problem.  As far as I can tell, the FindAndRunRobot.ini file stores all the settings regarding how FARR runs.  To be clear, I"m running FARR on a usb stick and have the configuration file set to save FindAndRunRobot .ini in the application directory.
So here the query.  Whenever I change the setting for FARR, I do not see the change reflected in the FindAndRunRobot.ini file.  Although the settings are saved (I have restarted the program and system to make sure).  So where are all these settigns being saved?  FindAndRunRobot.ini doesn't even show signs of being edited when I change the SearchDirectories, which i know there is a section on it in FindAndRunRobot.ini.  My current FindAndRunRobot.ini file is in the state I had set when I first configured FARR, shortly after install.
Like I said, my settings are being saved, but I can't see them.  So, this isn't really a issue, it's just that I would like to know.

thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: FindAndRunRobot.ini
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:28 AM »
if my memory serves me correctly, it may not be writing the changes to the file until it exits; try exiting the program and then checking to see that the file changes.  if not, then i wonder if you have indeed modified your configdir.ini to tell it to save the ini file in the application directory.

ps. welcome to the site  :Thmbsup: glad you like the program  :up:

risingeil

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:00 AM »
Oops, my bad, I just realised that I forgot to rename ConfigDir_Sample.ini to ConfigDir.ini when I did the 2.8 update a while back.

Thanks for helping me catch that.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:24 AM »
that makes sense -- glad we got it solved.  :up: