ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

download all updates for XP in one go?

<< < (2/10) > >>

tomos:
well, autopatcher/neowin seems to be undownloadable
unless you using bittorrent
the Ryan one is downloading @ 10KB/second
thankfully I got the XUD already (200KB/sec, phew)

strange
autopatcher one is around the 300MB mark
RyanVM's one is around the 50MB mark
XUD is around 25MB only  :tellme:

will let ye know how i get on anyways!

EDIT: all above sizes offered as post SP2
PS. found SP2 disc so even if I only get that much slipstreamed I'll be reasonably happy

tomos:
saga continues

had to download net framework for the laptop I using
(#2 requested, only #3 on offer so hopefully that does the job) to run nlite.
I had a check at windows updates & was offered an update to speed up updates/ensure I dont get any older(N/A) updates and so on spiel -
was shocked when I looked at the details to discover it was that update that checks your xp to ensure it's not pirated - whasitcalled Genuine advantage notification or something similar name

WTF WTF WTF
they're still trying to sneak that one in - and
under such false pretenses.

anyways, nlite running now as I write :up:

cthorpe:
I have used Autopatcher with great success in the past.  It is a huge download, but I've done it without bittorrent.  I always use the Cachefly mirror at http://www.getautopatcher.com/

Once you get the core download, you only need to download the monthly updates which are much smaller.

Carl

Lashiec:
This option has one caveat, though. Does Autopatcher installs what you really need? That is, does it check the system to avoid installing unneeded (or even harmful) patches like the recent one for the Core 2 Duo and similar architecture processors? Actually, Windows Update downloads everything in one go, and pretty fast as well. It's true you get WGA as well, but you're going to need it to download something from Microsoft site (mwahaha, the plan is going as expected!)

;D

tomos:
I have used Autopatcher with great success in the past.  It is a huge download, but I've done it without bittorrent.  I always use the Cachefly mirror at http://www.getautopatcher.com/

Once you get the core download, you only need to download the monthly updates which are much smaller.

Carl
-cthorpe (August 22, 2007, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
that worked a dream, thanks Carl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version