ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Installed programs not recognized

<< < (5/6) > >>

mouser:
Thanks for saying that -- as you say this is a very new program and once we get it running well I hope it will be useful.

cranioscopical:
FYI & FWIW

I was having the same problems with installed programs not showing up.

When I looked, the redirects for CHS and SC were:
%ProgramFiles%\Clipboard Help+Spell\
%ProgramFiles%\ScreenshotCaptor\
Neither has ever resided there.

FARR's path, however, was correctly identified.

Installing the 'available for installation' but already installed CHS and SC didn't help.  They kept reappearing as available for installation.
Dragging the CHS and SC folders onto DCU didn't help, nor did dragging the relevant .dcupdate files to DCU.

Changing the paths in the .dcupdateredirect files in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DonationCoder\DcUpdater\RedirectFiles
sorted it out nicely.

What fun ;)

I, too, think DCU is an excellent idea.  The occasional quirk is only to be expected. 
I thought that even I had made a mistake once upon a time... but then I discovered that was wrong.

J-Mac:
I have DCUpdate installed on my desktop PC and all works fine there - installed several weeks ago.

Just installed it on my notebook PC and it does not work at all - same as the others here. I have tried everything mentioned but ---No go!

Any more ideas? Something changed since I installed it on my desktop PC.

Jim

steeladept:
Don't know if this will help you Mouser, but I am having the same problem.  Some observations, though:

* It doesn't appear to affect plug-ins, just the application installers.
* It didn't install anything unless all the supported programs were closed. (This may be coincidence though, since I didn't try the next thing until they were all closed).
* It DID install Process Tamer when I installed it by itself through the DCU.
* DCU STILL did not recognize Process Tamer after installation.
* Shutting down and restarting DCU allowed it to recognize ALL installed programs. (After that worked for Process Tamer I did individual updates for the other programs installed as well)
* Once in the "installed" list, they APPEAR to work right, though I can't be certain until another update is listed.
Hope this helps with the Troubleshooting.

app103:
Similar problem, and an additional one.

LBC isn't showing as installed, and there is nothing on the "available for installation" tab when launching DCU through Trout's menu (only shows Trout & DCU in installed list), but everything shows fine when launching it from shortcut in Start menu.

Shouldn't it always show if it is/isn't installed no matter how it's launched?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version