ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Installed programs not recognized

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
did you install the latest versions of the other programs?

lanux128:
did you install the latest versions of the other programs?-mouser (August 29, 2007, 11:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
do i have to download the programs from within DCU and install them?

mouser:
no.  but only with the very latest versions has update support been added to these programs so you need the latest versions in order for them to be recognized.

katkilla:
i'll look into this a bit more, but what should happen is that the first time you run the program it should overwrite that redirect file to point to the real location.  but thanks for the tip katkilla, that may be a clue to some bug causing this.
-mouser (August 29, 2007, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, having read this somewhere on the forum, I tried running the program several times, but to no avail.  I checked "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel, and the latest version of Process Tamer was shown there, so I then looked at the RedirectFiles and thought the entry looked rather odd with its "%" entries.  The fact that URL Snooper appeared differently gave me the clue as to what to alter.  Strange that DCU recognised URL Snooper and listed it correctly, but not Process Tamer.  yet they were both "updated" in the same session.  So it may be a bug.

katkilla:
Despite a few "teething problems" some people are having with DCU, it's a great little program, mouser - simply brilliant idea.  Much appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version