ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Installed programs not recognized

<< < (3/6) > >>

lanux128:
Also, DcUpdater is spelt wrongly in the taskbar (it says DcUppdater with two p:S).-jzippo (August 27, 2007, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
yes, that is on purpose.. check here for the rationale behind it.. :)

katkilla:
i'm sure this has been mentioned before but i couldn't find the thread. so here it is again.. what to do when DCU shows programs already installed as "not installed"? :)
-lanux128 (August 21, 2007, 09:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I too had this problem, and it mystified me for quite a while.  The installers found my already installed packages just fine, but DCU still maintained they were "not installed" even after several installs.

I discovered the problem lay in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\DonationCoder\DcUpdater\RedirectFiles\
ProcessTamer.dcupdateredirect file.

It read "%ProgramFiles%\ProcessTamer\" 
I amended it to read: "D:\Program Files\ProcessTamer\" and lo and behold, DCU now recognises it as an "installed package"

If you haven't already got it sorted, hope this helps.

mouser:
i'll look into this a bit more, but what should happen is that the first time you run the program it should overwrite that redirect file to point to the real location.  but thanks for the tip katkilla, that may be a clue to some bug causing this.

lanux128:
thanks katkilla, will try your tip.. mouser, apparently this problem was introduced with version 1.23.01 because i am trying out on another PC and the previous version (1.20.03) did not show this behaviour.. :)

lanux128:
when i looked into the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DonationCoder\DcUpdater\RedirectFiles" folder, there was only "FindAndRunRobot.dcupdateredirect" file.. and when i launched DCU, it shows only Farr & DCU as installed..

can i manually create *.dcupdateredirect files and put them in the "RedirectFiles" folder?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version