ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does my future pc suck ?

<< < (6/7) > >>

nudone:
looks like a good choice from the reviews  :up:

ak_:
Just wanted to let you know that i'm currently posting from my new pc :-* I'd like to thank you for taking some time to give me precious advices.

So finally i chose : Asus M2N SLI Deluxe + AMD Dual core X2 6000+ + 4gb RAM + Seagate Barracuda 160go + GeForce 7600 + Asus Silent Knight (damn this thing is huge).

I'm happy with it, i didn't really test it yet, but i can feel the difference from my laptop during casual use. FARR scans my music collection in a blink of an eye  :-*

I didn't buy the screen yet because i'm still hesitating. I just saw that IIyama is about to sell a 24" screen (IIYama B2403WS) with 2000:1 contrast ratio for about 500€, which is not very expensive, especially compared to Samsung Syncmaster 971P. My hesitation comes from the fact that it uses a TN film and i'm not sure weither it makes a big difference or not (reviews says this screen offers excellent image and color display).

Lashiec:
Well, I'm disappointed that you went for the nVidia card (and a 7600 as well :(), but I presume you did it so save some bucks. I suppose you're running Vista, aren't you? ;). More bashing for you ;D, what case and supply are you using? Sorry to be so insistent, but I'm like that with computer hardware.

Otherwise, very good components there. The mainboard (personal experience) and the CPU are excellent, so is the cooler (one of the best choices in the market).

The screen... well, I suppose it's a good option. IIyama was always considered as a quality hardware company, and if the reviews say it's a good option, you can't go wrong. I suppose nudone would know better than me, as I'm happy with your average 250€ TFT panel.

EDIT: Typos and better expression

nudone:
the iiyama monitor sounds good - the price sounds crazy. i see that you can disable the 2000:1 contrast to provide greater colour accuracy (yet another example of this weird above 1000:1 ratios where things don't quite add up, i.e. bigger numbers equal less accuracy - bizarre).

for the prices i've seen i'm tempted to buy one just for the sakes of getting a bargain. i wouldn't even need to take it out of the box to feel satisfied. the eizo model i've got is the 24" 1920x1200 res thing and i can imagine that this iiyama will be identical (same samsung screen i bet) but for a third of what i payed.

what an insane bargain, and i'm trying to justify why i should buy one - two 24" screens would surely be an over indulgence. hmm, maybe. :-\

oh, and congratulations on the birth of your new machine  :D

Carol Haynes:
Congrats - looks like a good line up now.

nVidia 7600 is fine (IMHO) if you aren't a big gamer.

Why did you go for a 160Gb drive? It seems to me that a lot of the larger drives are much better value these days. You may not need the space today but the way things go things fill up rapidly! The way MS is going the next version of Windows will probably need 80Gb just to install!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version