ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does my future pc suck ?

(1/7) > >>

ak_:
Hi, my pc stopped working lately (i think the motherboard is to blame) and as he's rather old and obsolete, i'm planning to get a new configuration (my main activity is to manipulate large image fileson Photoshop, and i'm hoping to do some gaming from time to time eheh). I'm really not an expert about hardware so if you can have a look at what i'm about to buy and tell me what you think, it will be very appreciated. The goal of this topic is to avoid buying material with unknown disfunctions like it can happen sometimes with computers :)

- Motherboard : ASUS M2N SLI DELUXE
- Processor : AMD DUAL CORE X2 6000+
- RAM : 2 x 2gb DDR2
- Graphic card : SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon X1950 Pro
- Hard drive : SEAGATE  Barracuda 80Gb (note : i have two external hard drives where i stock documents)
- Screen : Samsung Syncmaster 206BW

jgpaiva:
I can comment on the screen, since i have the previous version (205BW).
I love it  :-* :-* :)
But a friend of mine told me that they are now releasing some with a panel that has an inferior quality, you should pay attention to that.

I also recomend the idea of having 4GB of ram. If i bought a desktop computer, that's what i'd do.

ak_:
JPGaiva> thanks :) I know about the Samsung 206BW problems, i'll pay attention to this. I've read that the problem can be fixed with appropriate icc profiles, but that's not sure. Maybe i won't take the risk.

f0dder:
I'd go for a nvidia card and an intel core2duo instead...

tonsofpcs:
CRT > LCD for any sort of image manipulation (especially if you get a 'multisync' or 'multiscan' one 8)). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version