ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Replace mouse click with a key press

(1/2) > >>

sri:
It would be less stressful to press a key on my keyboard than clicking the mouse.

So I was wondering if there's any utility that will do the clicking for me when I point the mouse and press a key (like CTRL or Fn).

To summarize: I want it like this -> I move my mouse to a hyperlink and hit CTRL key and the link should get clicked.

I am aware of MouseTool (it clicks the mouse where ever you point) but the problem with that is accidental clicks. If only there's an option in it to enable its functionality only when a key is pressed...

jgpaiva:
Easy...

--- ---Ctrl::
  send,{lbutton}
  return
Just save as a .ahk file, install www.autohotkey.com and run :)

sri:
Thanks jgp. I replaced 'Ctrl' with 'Fn', but it doesn't work. How to modify the script to use 'Fn' as the hotkey?

Better yet, if it has a small dialog in which it asks us to pick the hotkey and detects when I press one or a combination of keys.

jgpaiva:
Thanks jgp. I replaced 'Ctrl' with 'Fn', but it doesn't work. How to modify the script to use 'Fn' as the hotkey?
-sri (August 21, 2007, 04:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think there's no way for autohotkey to detect fn, sorry :(

Better yet, if it has a small dialog in which it asks us to pick the hotkey and detects when I press one or a combination of keys.
-sri (August 21, 2007, 04:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
That should be easy, i'll do it in a few hours ;)

jgpaiva:
I've attached to this post a script with incomplete capabilities.
It works as expected, but can't define keys like "shift", "ctrl" or "alt" to mouse clicks.
To do so, just edit the .ini file that is created after the first launch, and change the "Hotkey" key.
(to have just ctrl, type in "ctrl", to have shift, type "shift", to have "alt", type "alt", to have windows key, type "lwin" or "rwin").

To change the hotkey, delete the .ini file and restart the script.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version