topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA:Wordpress theme creator  (Read 9013 times)

arunpawar

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA:Wordpress theme creator
« on: August 18, 2007, 06:19 AM »
It is always tough to get theme of your choice,but you end up with bad choice that is another issue.IS there any editor possiblet that asks for the cutom templete and creates wordpress theme for you.and at the end you can then customize with your own colour.so final product is ready to uplaod and use wordpress theme.not bad idea,provided that this require much coding.

I'm rightnow creating themes by hacking other themes,i do find some oswd.org templters which i convert to wordpres themes but that is awful painful.Right now to achieve this you have to use Phtooshop design and slice to create XHTML design which is tough for non designer.i just wanto get things done quickly,if this thing is possible all u have to do is work on javascript or ajax for server design or query for sites.this isno doubt a great idea,for donation maker utility.

What u think your opinion.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA:Wordpress theme creator
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 11:20 AM »
this is a fun idea.. there is a large community of wordpress hackers, i wonder if anyone has considered this or made something like it..

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 11:49 AM »
+1

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 11:52 AM »
mouser, i doubt it.

if there is some thing like these "wordpress theme creators", they would probably be the coders/designers very own system for pumping out themes quickly..

so arunpawar, why don't you come up with some type of system, or file base, for future themes? For example, store a skeleton wordpress theme in one dir, a slightly modified one in another, etc. and make it so all you gotta do to make a new theme, is copy one dir, to the new dir name, edit a few files, and you will have a quick way of making different themes.. of course you still have to do all the designing your self for all the graphics you want, etc., and if you can't slice, then you'll have to learn :) other wise you can purchase a photshop plugin called sitegrinder - it automatically slices layouts for you..
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:57 AM by mitzevo »

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 03:25 AM »
That's great concept you came up with,i would love to see application like this developed.AHK is good point to start with such,cause just work on skeleton of number of design let user add color or images and then publish with rest of PHP queries,this way we can create but let's see who do it?

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 03:51 AM »
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 04:33 AM »
Thats good but we need user made customization.So this will not work we need some drag & drop feature in editor like we do in dreamweaver,then realign as per user choice.etc.

Lets discuss this editor once we get final idea someone from us might comeup for the final stuff,This will also give more tips  for using BCB or delphi if IDE is decided or any script is chosen.this is really a donation raising utility

what u think?