ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PC Upgrade - still possible to reuse old components?

<< < (8/9) > >>

Lashiec:
I've just read your comment about Gothic 3 on tinjaw's giveaway post, and so I just logged to ask something: are you planning to use this new computer with the card I recommended you to play Gothic 3?

(No, you aren't, no, you aren't, no...)

lanux128:
lol, don't worry i'm not going to.. but just curious, wouldn't the ASUS card hold up against G3?

Gothic 3 is on another PC that has a NX 7600GT (256MB DDR3).. :) that is a mid-range card but performs quite admirably on a 'High' settings in G3.. :)

Lashiec:
Phew! I thought you were upgrading your main computer and so I was fearing I recommended you such card. I doubt so, it'll run but I suspect it won't be as capable as your 7600, just starting by the memory (DDRD2 vs. DDR3, faster the latter), and then staring at cold numbers (memory bandwidth and fill rate) shows that the 7600 beats the 8500 by a x2 factor. But well, you can test it yourself when you assemble the computer ;)

(On a side note: Hooray! 500 posts!)

lanux128:
i would be happy if the ASUS card is able to display Dora's and Elmo's FMV without hitches.. ;)

(on a side-note: congrats! also, don't forget to make a post here too..)

Lashiec:
Dammit! I didn't take a shot! :wallbash:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version