ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PC Upgrade - still possible to reuse old components?

<< < (7/9) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I think it is safe to say that if it has a PCIe slot and a 20 pin ATX connector there shouldn't be a problem. You aren't going for a heavy duty graphics card anyway - and SLI systems have to support 2 of them - which is why they need extra power (on my mobo I have a 24 pin connector and an extra 4 pin molex if I run 2 PCIe cards)

lanux128:
thanks for the clarifications.. i was reading another review & the reviewer mentioned about instability caused by lower voltage but apparently there is a BIOS fix. and this got me thinking, albeit in the wrong direction.. :)

lanux128:
another comments request, how good are these cards?

• ASUS GF 8500GT (256MB/DDR2/128bit)
• Gigabyte 7300GT Silent-Pipe (256MB/DDR2/128bit)
• Winfast 8500GT (256MB/DDR2/128bit)

couldn't find a proper review.. too cheap, i guess for the manufacturer to find a reviewer.. :)

Lashiec:
The ASUS card head on. It's the best of the three, better than the Leadtek because of the company, and better than the Gigabyte because it's DirectX10 compliant and does not sport the infamous "Turbo Cache". Both are silent so... the only thing you're missing with the Asus is the "Xpand Rally" game that comes with the Gigabyte, but don't worry, I have a copy if you wish :)

lanux128:
thanks for the heads-up, Lashiec.. :Thmbsup: tomorrow is the big day, wish me luck.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version