topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 2:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Most recent version of StreamBox VCR Suite?  (Read 8796 times)

pogue

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Pogue's Blog
    • Donate to Member
Most recent version of StreamBox VCR Suite?
« on: August 18, 2007, 05:02 AM »
Hi all,

I was just looking around at the other forum on ezboard and noticed the section about Streambox.  I didn't see much about it, so I did a search and found a link to download StreamBox VCR Suite 2.0 at Afterdawn and Videohelp.  The only thing is that these seem to have been last released in 2003, is that correct or is there an updated version?

I've always used HiDownload to rip streaming video, but I was looking for a freeware program that could rip MMS/RTSP streams.  Are there any alternatives to HiDownload or StreamBox that are freeware or open source and a little more recent?  Thanks for the help,

pogue

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Most recent version of StreamBox VCR Suite?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 06:04 AM »
I think the old version of Net Transport ,which was freeware,should still be able to grab those streams.

http://www.321downlo...eware/page9.html#Net Transport

And for MMS streams,SDP
http://sdp.ppona.com/

pogue

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Pogue's Blog
    • Donate to Member
Re: Most recent version of StreamBox VCR Suite?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Thanks tinyvillager, I will check those out.  If anyone else has any other suggestions, keep em coming. 

I'm hoping to compile a list of these types of programs for an article on my blog.  I'm writing a second article in a series on ripping streaming video and I'm going to mention URLSnooper2, as an alternative to the paid program URL Helper (made by the same company who makes HiDownload).  I'm hoping to find a program w/ the functionality of HiDownload that's freeware or open source.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:03 PM by pogue »