ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Organizing Reviews

<< < (3/3)

Perry Mowbray:
I have given a great deal of thought to creating a nextgen review system, with a hierarchy of editors and using wiki-like technology.  I'd love to work on it but we are talking about a very big project and i haven't yet found a way to either fund it and i dont have the time to work on such a large project without funding.
-mouser (August 19, 2007, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

What about working up a Proof of Concept on DC then asking DC Members who'd like to throw in? I imagine that it's not only financial but more time issues as well?

Is this what you meant once when you said "a big review site", because if it is I think you undersold your idea  ;)

Renegade:
I like the idea of a wiki.

As for funding, that's a hard question.  A few bucks from a few people is hardly enough to fund a project. AdSense? Yahoo Publisher's Network? Open up the review request to authors for a fee? (e.g. Donate $100.00 or whatever to have your application included in a review.)

Not sure how that problem could get solved best. A commercial project like this would bear significant costs...

Darwin:
I'm a bit naive about the financial side of the internet... WRT wikis, is the expense due to bandwidth, hardware, software, or personnel requirements? Or a combination of all of the above? If it's personel, could the cost be defrayed by using and abusing the good members of this community in a volunteer capacity?

Just curious because I like the idea (of the wiki - the use and abuse of dc's membership is just a possible peripheral benefit!).

Perry Mowbray:
I'm curious to know what sort of funding models you'd think would be appropriate and how far you got down that track.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version