ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The software awards scam

<< < (7/11) > >>

Darwin:
I say make it an actual award. We can have a forum for nominations and then users can vote and generate a rating (5 clucks, 4 clucks, etc) which will then be made into a custom rating icon for that site. I love this idea mousey. We should do it. Heck, I volunteer to head up management of assignment of these awards if you do decide to go for it.
-Josh (August 31, 2007, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or we could have Cody holding one throug five gold coins?

Josh:
Yes! I am loving this idea. Mousey, lets move on this!

mouser:
I'm wary of assigning scores to programs based on user votes -- i think it's too inviting of companies to game the system.

app103:
I think rather than an award with some kind of point value, just a nice Cody graphic with "Read the Review" on it.

Darwin:
I'm wary of assigning scores to programs based on user votes -- i think it's too inviting of companies to game the system.
-mouser (August 31, 2007, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fair enough, though I was thinking about this more in terms of an award for apps featured in full-blown reviews. The mini-reviews and discussion forum awards could be dealt with as per app's suggestion (I like it!)  :Thmbsup: We could have a "Read the mini-review" and a "Read the discussion" graphic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version