ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The software awards scam

<< < (6/11) > >>

Josh:
Mouser, perhaps we should make DC awards that we can hand out to programs which are either the PICKS of our reviews or receive honorable mentions by our members. What do you think? I would love to see little "Donationcoder.com's Presents, Cody's Picks" icons floating around.

Darwin:
That's a great idea, Josh. The developer could then link to the review, minireview or thread. Nice.  :Thmbsup:

Josh:
Yes, great idea! This way we can validate our reasons for giving an award and even make a post about the award nomination in the aforementioned thread.

mouser:
Well we do have some older award image we give out for our big reviews: https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Awards/

But i like the idea of a little cody image that authors can put on their website that would connect to a mini-review on the forum.. It wouldn't be a rating, but it would be a nice link.

Josh:
I say make it an actual award. We can have a forum for nominations and then users can vote and generate a rating (5 clucks, 4 clucks, etc) which will then be made into a custom rating icon for that site. I love this idea mousey. We should do it. Heck, I volunteer to head up management of assignment of these awards if you do decide to go for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version